It’s getting hot here in California: sun shines high, flowers in bloom, butterflies and hummingbirds are coming to feed on flowers… Such an inspirational time for crafting!
I will be entering this card in three challenges:
- CAS Colours & Sketches – Colour Challenge #176
- AAA Cards Clean and Simple challenges – Game #66 Watercolours
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Summer Garden
Here is a color combination from Bev, a hostess of CAS Colours & Sketches – Colour Challenge #176:
I tried to match these colors as close as possible, using my watercolor pencils and an old set of St. Petersburg Watercolours.
I’ve been having this Darice embossing folder for a couple of months, but haven’t used it yet. I initially wanted to emboss and color in this beautiful pattern, so I went with this idea. I stretched my watercolor paper prior embossing to prevent it from warping.
I partially colored this pattern with my watercolor pencils leaving plenty of white space to make it CAS. Then washed them with clear water and small round paintbrush. I like the contrast of crisp embossing and fuzzy coloring.
I wanted to create a sentiment in the same color scheme, so I made a gradient wash on watercolor paper, let it dry and cut my sentiment out of it, using Cuttlebug.
- Canson 140lb Watercolor Paper
- DCWV textured cardstock – Pastels
- Darice Embossing Folder – Henna
- KOH-I-NOOR Hardtmuth Aquarell watercolor pencils – set of 36
- St. Petersburg Watercolours – set of 24
- Sizzix Thinlits Dies – Holiday Words: Script