I’ve been having this Spellbinders Gerber die for a while and wanted to try it out. Initially I was thinking that it can become my ‘go to’ flower die, but it occurred, that this beautiful flower consists of 57 die-cut pieces… Needless to say, that it won’t get as much use as I thought.
Here is my inspiration for creating this flower
And to make it look like this Gerbera, I made even more pieces for the center of this flower. It was quite challenging to finish this Gerber Daisy, but anyway I really like how it turned out!
This card is made by sketch from Jane at CAS Colours and Sketches – Sketch Challenge #182. I tried to follow her sketch as close as possible and made a square card with this Gerber Daisy flower, that resembles a round shape. A sentiment is stamped two times – in black and in gold to create some volume. I tried to keep this card clean and simple, but I’m not sure if it’s CAS enough given the number of die-cut elements…
And as it’s all about die-cutting, I will be also entering this card into Happy Little Stampers July Anything Goes with Dies challenge.
- Spellbinders Die D-Lites – Create a Gerber Daisy set
- DCWV textured cardstock – Pastels
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock – Metallic Collection
- Simon Says Stamp clear stamp set – It’s Your Birthday!
- Simon Says Stamp ink pad – Intense Black
- Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad – Galaxy Gold