Yes, it’s all about Christmas again!
Christmas challenge for July at Happy Little Stampers is ‘Gold’ and I’ve been thinking about it for a while… Luckily I’ve purchased Tim Holtz Metallic cardstock pack recently and now I have plenty of gold to use in my projects.
And a new Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is to create a texture, so I’m getting back to one of my favorite techniques – embossing.
I embossed the background first, altered it with metallic ink and then added some gold cardstock on top behind the trees and some white to the bottom as a snowdrift.
The top part is decorated with die-cut and embossed snowflake.
I stamped the sentiment shaping it a bit to repeat the contour of my snowdrift and used a die-cut leftover to stencil golden and silver snowflakes at the bottom.
And the snowman is sketched with pencil and colored with Copic Sketch markers.
- American Crafts smooth cardstock – Primaries
- American Crafts textured cardstock – Tropicals
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock – Metallic Collection
- Simon Says Stamp clear stamp set – Christmas
- Cricut cuttlebug embossing folder – Forest
- Spellbinders Holiday die-cut set – Create A Flake
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads set – Beach Party
- Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drop ink pads set
I’m entering this card in following challenges:
- Happy Little Stampers July Christmas Challenge – Gold
- Happy Little Stampers July Challenge – Anything Goes with Dies
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Add Some Texture
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Challenge – wafer thin dies OR stencils