As usually, I’m combining several challenges with different tasks. This time my tasks are coming from the following challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps and More challenge #207 – Make Your Mark
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Make For The Border
- AAA Cards Game #71 – Blending
- Unico Challenge #35 – Inspired By A Song Title
I painted this flower and a border on the bottom with watercolors, using a wet-in-wet technique. I went over all the areas with clear water first and then started to add colors, so that they were blending on the paper. Then I let my painting dry and added these unusual marks in more saturated hues of the same colors using a fan blender brush by Royal & Langnickel. I outlined my flower and decorated the border with liner.
Initially I wanted to use my Martha Stewart swirling lace corner and border punch set on the border, but finally I used it on only one corner to add a little something special. Soft pink card base frames the image and balances all the colors. It also makes punch-out more visible.
Sentiment is stamped and altered a bit with liner.
My inspiration for this card is a beautiful song that I love – “Kiss From a Rose” by Seal. Let it be a wild rose…
- Canson 140lb Watercolor Paper
- St. Petersburg Watercolors – set of 24
- Pigma Micron liner – 005
- Royal Langnickel Zen Brush – Fan, Z73FB
- Simon Says Stamp stamp set – It’s Your Birthday!
- DCWV textured cardstock – Pastels
Thanks for stopping by,