Here is my two-in-one Christmas card. I die-cut snowflakes and sentiment first and then added a layer of vellum beneath, so that they stay in place and have all the die-cut details. Some details were added above vellum.
Then I decided to make a bright backdrop for my die-cut silhouettes. I wanted to place just a piece of bright cardstock on the second panel, but finally went on with an idea of masking bauble shapes and coloring them with ink also as silhouettes, without adding volume or details.
I also colored the sentiment and to bring everything together I added a garland of stars.
So the inside part looks almost like an independent greeting card.
My song title inspiration here is – ‘Let it Snow’ by Dean Martin
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- Neenah Creative Collection Vellum
- Spellbinders Heirloom Reflections die set (masking bauble shape)
- Spellbinders Holiday die-cut set – Create A Flake (snowflakes)
- Sizzix Thinlits Dies – Holiday Words: Script (sentiment)
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads set – Beach Party (masking & stamping)
- Mama Elephant stamp set – Origami (star)
- Pigma Micron liner – 05
- HLS August Christmas Challenge – Snowflakes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – It’s Hip To Be Square
- Addicted to CAS – Silhouette
- Unico Challenge #35 – Inspired By A Song Title
- Addicted to Stamps and More – Holiday
- HLS August CAS Challenge – Masking
- HLS August Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
I can’t believe I managed to combine all these challenges…
Thanks for stopping by,