This card is very special for me… For many reasons. First of all, this is a housewarming gift for my grandma, who has just moved from a small town, where she’d been living for more than 50 years, to the city of Novosibirsk (it’s in Russia), where my parents live. Moving from a small town to a city with 1,5 million population was quiet challenging for her, given that she’ll turn 80 this year. But we managed to do this with the help of all family members, and I hope she’ll have this harmony around for years to come.
This card is also special, because this is my first ever mixed media card and first experience using new material – metal, new medium – texture paste, new stamp set and new instruments – stencils and palette knives.
I made a flat wash in two tones on watercolor paper for background. Then I used Tim Holtz mini stencil, Ranger Texture Paste and Dreamweaver palette knife to create this wallpaper effect. I also altered it a bit by adding some color.
All furniture and decorative items are from clear stamp set “Make Yourself at Home” by My Favorite Things. I’ve just received it in the mail and was very excited to use it, as I have a particular interest in interior design and decor.
I also used a floral stamp from “Wonderful day” set by Penny Black to create this framed picture on the wall. I just stamped flowers first and then a frame above them, cut it out and colored with copics. Table, floor lamps and vase are also colored with Copic markers.
I decided to try stamping images of sofa, armchair, rug, blanket and cushions on felt. Of course, stamping on felt with regular ink doesn’t look crisp and wears off easily, but it works fine with furniture.
Sentiment from the same set is stamped on a stripe of smooth cardstock, that resembles a key chain and holds my metal key in place. This key came with a tiny lock, but I used it alone.
And there is also a song title inspiration for my card – “Harmony Around My Table” by English rock band Tindersticks.
- My Favorite Things clear stamp set “Make Yourself at Home“
- Tim Holtz mini stencil – Set 4
- Ranger Texture Paste – Opaque Matte
- Dreamweaver palette knife – Ateco #1385
- Penny Black clear stamp set “Wonderful day“
- Canson 140lb Watercolor Paper
- St. Petersburg Watercolors – set of 24
- American Crafts smooth cardstock – Primaries
- X-Press It blending card
- Copic Sketch Markers
- Rainbow Classic Craft Felt – White, Cream, Cashmere Tan, Baby Pink
- Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad – Cosmic Copper
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pad – Potter’s Clay, Desert Sand
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads – Beach Party set
- Happy Little Stampers August Mixed Media Challenge – Metal
- Unico Challenge #35 – Inspired By A Song Title
- NBUS Challenge #7 – using Never-Before-Used-Schtuff
Thanks for stopping by,