My Favorite Things are hosting their second annual “You Could Be a Card Design Superstar” card contest – 2016. Anyone can join with a brand new card (project) using only MFT stamps and Die-namics.
I’m just building my stash and have only one product by My Favorite Things – clear stamp set ‘Make Yourself at Home’. I’ve seen it online here and fell in love with it right away. So I want to challenge myself and create three cards using only this stamp set. Inks and paper from other brands are allowed.
I used my stamps instead of shapes in the sketch and tried to follow color palette as close as possible, but used two tones of green instead of one.
For this coral background I used distress ink on Yupo, then sprinkled it with water and dabbed with paper towel. It was my first experience creating such type of a background and I really love how it looks.
- My Favorite Things clear stamp set “Make Yourself at Home“
- Ranger Distress Ink mini – Festive berries
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads: Desert Sand, Pear tart, Rose bud, London Fog, Tuxedo Black
- Copic Sketch markers: E42, G43, G46, R43, BV25
- X-Press It blending card
- American Crafts textured cardstock – Tropicals (light brown)
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
Thanks for stopping by,