I wanted to create a Christmas card with a Christmas Tree, but I don’t have any suitable stamps or dies… (the way to shop) and I have only one green ink pad, that is definitely not pine green, it’s Pear Tart… I decided to create a general impression of a Christmas tree, using suitable stamps from different sets. And I have blue and yellow ink pads, that, according to the color theory, should give me a darker green hue (the way to go). So my card is more about the spirit, than about the tree, but I like how it turned out.
I started with acrylic block stamping again to have a yellow backdrop for my blue ink. Then I stamped circles of different sizes and added strings of bunting in gold above. Gold ink shows like yellow in photo, but it’s shimmery in person. I didn’t mask any area, so it looks a bit messy, but why not? Christmas preparations and celebrations also can be messy at times…
And my song inspiration for this card is “That Spirit of Christmas” by Ray Charles.
- Happy Little Stampers clear stamp sets – Mix Mash (circles), Birthday Friends (strings of bunting)
- Simon Says Stamp clear stamp set – Christmas (sentiment)
- Simon Says Stamp dies – Stitched Rectangles
- Canson 140lb Watercolor Paper
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads – Beach Party Set, Tuxedo Black
- Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad – Galaxy Gold
- Ranger Distress mini ink pad – Wild Honey
- Happy Little Stampers September Christmas Challenge – ‘Song’
- Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #213 – ‘Holiday’
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – ‘Anything Goes’
- Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with HLS Stamps Challenge
Thanks for stopping by,