It was one of my first cards, but I didn’t publish it because of hand-written sentiment…
Now I think it’s worth publishing anyway. I made it for my father, who is a mechanical engineer by profession and steampunk-styled card seemed to be a perfect fit.
I used Darice Steam Punk embossing folder and small scissors to create all these gear embellishments and Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags die-cuts for my label. Little jewels are from BoBunny, but they didn’t stick well and I had to use some glue. Tombow Mono Multi glue worked just fine for assembling this card, but if used with thin cardstock, it can bleed through and leave some light marks on the front. I also used foam adhesive for some gears and altered them and label with glitter pens.
I used Cascade Card Tutorial from Beccy’s Place, which is easy to follow. There are many card fold tutorials on this blog, so if you like folds and dimensional projects, I highly recommend checking it out.
- Neenah Creative Collection Premium Cardstock – Naturals
- American Crafts smooth cardstock – Primaries
- American Crafts textured cardstock – Tropicals (brown for tag)
- Colorbök Designer Paper – Joplin
- Darice Steam Punk embossing folder
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags die-cuts
Thanks for stopping by,