As I’m originally from Russia, we don’t have a tradition of celebrating Halloween in our family, so here is my first Halloween-themed creation.
I went on with non spooky design as it’s more versatile and closer to my cultural tradition.
I love this patterned pumpkin by Close To My Heart and the sentiment is so fun! I’ve been introduced to this brand a couple of months ago by Helen Gullet and was very happy to find something I really like.
This card is very easy to recreate. I started with mixing colors in my palette and making a simple dry flat wash, then I sprinkled some more paint on the sides and let it dry completely before stamping. Then I cut it out with stitched die and applied to the base.
My set of watercolors is very old, but I’ll give a link to a new one in case anybody is interested.
And some more Halloween inspiration for you:
I saw this installation two years ago in our neighborhood and couldn’t pass by without taking a picture.
Are there any Halloween traditions in your family?
- Close To My Heart stamp set – Autumn Wishes
- Simon Says Stamp dies – Stitched Rectangles
- White Nights Artist’s Watercolor set of 24 pans
- Canson 140lb Watercolor Paper
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- CAS on Sunday Challenge #94 Halloween
- Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #217 Make Your Mark
- Creative with Stamps Challenge #7: Sentiment
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Autumn
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday October Challenge – using SSS products
Thanks for stopping by,