These colors bring mixed feelings: they are ‘cold’, but ‘tropical’ at the same time.
I started with embossing my watercolor panel. It’s perfect for embossing as you can spray some water on it prior embossing to prevent it from tearing and it will dry perfectly without warping or any other side-effects.
Then I cut the left side of it with Die-namics and added a stripe of turquoise card beneath it on the left.
Tree is die-cut out of the same card and layered with one more ‘tree’, that i cut out of gold cardstock, but unfortunately you can’t really tell from the picture, that it’s gold… It’s a set of two dies: one gives a plain shape and the other one cuts the same shape with swirls.
I trimmed a ‘trunk’ of a tree to fit my design and stamped this sentiment.
- Darice Embossing Essentials – Snowflake Scroll
- Impression Obsession die set – Fancy Tree
- My Favorite Things Die-namics – Surf & Turf
- Canson 140lb Watercolor Paper
- American Crafts textured cardstock –Tropicals
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock – Metallic Collection – Gold
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White (card base)
- Happy Little Stampers October Christmas Challenge – Embossing
- 52 Christmas Cards Throwdown October Technique Challenge – Embossing
- Winter Wonderland Challenge – Frosty (cold colors like blue, silver, white)
- ABC Christmas Challenge ‘V’ for Vertical
- Christmas Card Challenges #46 – Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by,