This month’s task at Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer Challenge is to CASE a beautiful card by Birgit Norton:
I was highly inspired with this challenge and tried to CASE the following:
retro look of this card,
text on the background,
I started with a blank watercolor paper: cut it to the size and made a flat wash with yellow, leaving the edges white. Then I went around the edges with brown and again with yellow and repeated the same a couple of times until I achieved this aged look.
I let it dry completely and tried to stencil the flowers, using a stenciling brush, but it was more like leaving puddles of water instead of color… and water went right beneath the stencil. I removed water with paper towel and decided to paint the flowers instead.
When it was dry I went on with stamping HLS sentiment ‘Sending Hugs’ all over my panel. I stamped it in rows: one row in a regular way and the other one – upside down, so that it doesn’t look the same.
Now to the focal point. I cut my lacy front panel with a couple of dies out of shimmery cream card and sanded it a bit with abrasive kitchen sponge to get less shimmery look.
Then it was a long process of trial and error with choosing colors of felt and types of dies for these flowers, so now I have plenty of flowers left… When flowers were assembled I sprayed them with water and shaped a bit with big stylus.
For my tiny label I’ve torn a piece of watercolor paper, dipped it in water and colored, then let it dry and stamped my sentiment, inking it with two tones of brown at the same time.
So the rest is self-explanatory… it’s already a text-heavy post… I was so involved in this process and loved working on this card, that I’m missing it already and I’ll keep it for myself!
- Happy Little Stampers stamp set – Doodled Flowers (sentiments)
- My Favorite Things Die-namics – Stitched Flowers
- Simon Says Stamp dies – Stitched Rectangles
- Spellbinders Nestabilities dies – Majestic Lables Twenty Five
- White Nights Artist’s Watercolor set of 24 pans
- Canson 140lb Watercolor Paper
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads – Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa
- Rainbow Classic Craft Felt – Cream, Baby Pink, Candy Pink, Yellow
- Neenah Creative Collection Premium Cardstock –Metallics, Naturals
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- Happy Little Stampers October CASE the Designer Challenge – Birgit Norton
- Happy Little Stampers October Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
- Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with HLS stamps Challenge
- Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge – Make Your Mark
Thanks for stopping by,