Rainy weekends are perfect for crafting and trying new techniques.
To create this panel with gears I was following Faux Patina Tutorial by Angie Leach. I embossed white cardstock with inked embossing folder, then added some more colors and clear ink with sponges, sprinkled it with embossing powder and heat set the powder. I was heating from beneath of my card not to blow everything away.
To create this sentiment I inked a piece of aluminum foil with alcohol inks, let it dry and die-cut ‘hugs’ in Cuttlebug. Ink can peel a bit and leave some residue on the die, but it washes away easily.
- Darice embossing folder – Steam Punk
- My Favorite Things Die-namics – Sending hugs
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads – Desert Sand, Summer Sky, Pear Tart, Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa
- Tsukineko Brilliance Dew Drop ink pads – Galaxy Gold, Cosmic Copper
- Versa Mark watermark stamp pad
- Stampendous! embossing powder – Gold
- Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink – Bottle, Sailboat Blue, Copper Mixative, Pearl Mixative
- Aluminum foil
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- Happy Little Stampers November CAS Challenge – Metal / Faux Metal
- Happy Little Stampers November Mixed Media Challenge – Alcohol Inks
- CASology week 224: Embrace
- My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge – 307
- The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge
Thanks for stopping by,