I wanted to make a fun birthday card and came up with this idea.
Here I’m CASEing a card with elephant by Shona Chambers for Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer Challenge.
I used the same layout and bubbles, but went on with idea of creating a pull tab card, so that hippo appears from his pond when recipient pulls the tab on top. I made a couple more pictures to show it in action. You see only pond at first…
And then little hippo appears to wish ‘Happy Birthday’.
Everything is colored with pencils and I outlined bubbles on top, so that they resemble clouds and don’t look the same as ‘water’ in my ‘pond’.
I used slider channel and disks to make it work. All panels are attached with foam adhesive, so that there is enough room for sliding hippo and pull tab.
- Happy Little Stampers clear stamp set – Birthday Friends
- Simon Says Stamp dies – Stitched Rectangles
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Surf & Turf
- My Favorite Things Spin & Slide Disks
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper
- Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop ink pads – Tuxedo Black, Bahama Blue, Summer Sky
- Prisma Color Colored Pensils
- American Crafts textured cardstock – White
- Happy Little Stampers November CASE the Designer Challenge – Shona Chambers
- Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
- Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes Challenge
- The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday October Challenge – using SSS products
Thanks for stopping by,